Tuesday, January 20, 2009

INAUGURATION THOUGHTS

Ok FRIENDS I'm expressing my short thoughts and opinions about the President Speech!

Yesterday (1/20/09) is another political and historical event for the United States of America, it’s the inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th president of this country and became the nation’s first African-American chief executive.

My aunt from New Orleans came to visit us, that's why I was not able to watch the live coverage for President Barack Obama’s 2009 Inauguration Speech, but thanks to YouTube I got the opportunity to watch it!

His speech shows compassion and there’s a leadership in his voice. I was moved by his speech, it sounded very hopeful and it was truly an inspirational one! As he made his inauguration speech, I was thinking about my two daughters and it made me feel much more confident about their future.

I know Obama would be something different and hoping that he would represent us and govern us the way we wanted. And I hope his presidency continues better than it began.

I know new changes are up a head for us on this country, some might be good and some might not be, but one thing for sure it’s a new beginning for all of us!

I am not good about discussing politics and I don’t know much about politics, but yesterday was something unusual and the thought of me sharing my feelings about President Barack Obama’s Inauguration Speech, will probably gave others some mix feelings! I know some americans agreed, but some dissagree about what he said. We just have to keep in our minds that nobody is perfect and if we just give him a chance I think he has something better plans to offer for this country and for the people, specially our children.

I'm glad I expressed my reactions about this event, with this simple and small way it made me feel that I am a part of this historical event of the United States of America.

God Bless Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proud Pinay Mommies

Subscribe to proudpnaymomies

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com