Thursday, January 22, 2009

Charms of Friendship

“Don't ever be afraid to come to me and cry. Don't ever hesitate to look me in the eye. Don't ever be afraid to tell me how you feel. Remember we are friends and we got to keep it real.”

I really believed that everything happens for a reason, if it wasn’t for Hurricane Katrina we wouldn’t be here in Texas. When we moved here it was something really different, we were away from our families and from some of our friends, but little that I know that God as a plan for me when it comes to having or meeting friends here in Texas.

It was the month of December 2005, when we attended the “Simbang Gabi” upon my astonishment I saw a familiar face and it was Beth, my long time high school friend and now a Godmother to my youngest daughter Gabie. We were both surprised to see each other, it’s been 10 years since I left Davao, Philippines and I never thought we would see each other again! What a “small world”.

I was thankful to God for what happened, because ever since that day Beth and I became close again, we treated each other not just friends, but like sisters!

Last Sunday, January 18, 2009 after Marva’s (Beth’s daughter) birthday party, which was held at Beth’s house? She said she want to show me something I was surprised when she gave me a bracelet that has a “friendship” charm. To me the charm is not just a simple “hand me charm”, it was a charm that we have to break it apart and she gets to keep the other half and I get to keep the other one. I cried “tears of joy” not because I’m happy that she gave me something, but I was happy that she took the time of getting me something (I know how busy is her life schedule). I was touched of her generosity and it was a heartwarming moment, she really made me feel that I’m very special to her. It’s her action that made me feel that our friendship is not just an ordinary friendship. It’ a friendship that will last for a lifetime!

Beth is currently at the hospital right now with her daughter Marva, who is having a surgery for her gallbladder. I feel so bad that I wasn’t able to visit Marva and I feel so useless for not having being there with Beth, but I know Beth understood my situation, with me bringing my girls to the hospital, Beth agreed that the hospital is not the safest place to bring my 16 months old and my 2 years old daughters. Also Last Sunday my husband left for a business trip in Scotland and will not be back until the 26th of this month, so going to the hospital by myself is not an option. I know it was hard for her to see what Marva is going through.

The only comforting way that I can express to her is through talking to her on the phone, with that I was able to ease her pain and to let her know that I’m just a phone call away! And by my prayers I was able to extend my support to her and to her family, praying to God to watch over Marva, and that she will soon be ok!

Since moving here in Texas, I meet a lot of new friends who became really close to me. I considered them as my lucky charms! I enjoyed hanging-out with them, sharing recipes, partying with them. Just being friends with them adds a whole new meaning on why God chooses this state to be our new home. I don’t have to name each and every one of them, but they know who they are! And I want to take this opportunity to express to them, that I’m glad we became friends and that I will take care of this friendship! THANK YOU!

I know when it comes to friendship; God made me the luckiest one! I meet new friends that come and go, but the one who stay and sticks with me are the one who’s true!

Thanks for the friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proud Pinay Mommies

Subscribe to proudpnaymomies

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com